Friday, January 18, 2013

Maya Q.'s

Q.3
One says one thing, another something that contradicts, I could find a logic in both and be boring serious all the time, or I could find the whimsical way that brings forth a lighthearted character. A person shouldn’t be controlled by fear; if they are they lose the ability to truly be lighthearted and to really enjoy life. I suppose it’s because I don’t have nightmares really, I do have bad dreams and in the dreams I’m scared, maybe terrified, but I either say “just get it over with” or “it’s just a dream”. I move on, I may look back on them often but they have no control over me, they’re just dreams, to let them control my life with fear would be silly. Now reality is different, I realize that other people end up living this way, controlled by a fear even if it’s completely illogical. Rumors spread like fire in dry season here in this life and someone is always gossiping. If enough people do something the rest who are not doing whatever it is will see it and go, “Well, maybe I should do it as well, they all are!” , and just like that whatever is being done or said will be spread like a virus. Fear can be spread, but so can relief and happiness, probably not as easily though; we are a skeptical race, hungry for news. As something spreads it causes more to believe in it and that thing gains power of sorts, like a hurricane it’ll build up and gain power. This happens with trends a lot of the time, it’s also happened with hate and fear. Remember 9/11? I bet you do. After that there was hate and distrust spread across the nation for anyone that looked remotely Indian. If enough people say that something’s scary (this varies from person to person, I for one am somewhat of a scaredy cat when it comes to horror stuff), it will in return be scary because it’s considered so whether it’s the truth or not. Bad news in life here has power and depending on what we do with that news it can either gain or lose power. I believe that it’s foolish to be afraid of something like a dream but it’s understandable.  So I guess to talk about something or to dwell on something bad would give that something more power, which I still find silly. Unless it’s a police warning for a psycho murder, that’s worth panicking somewhat but I’d still like to keep my head about me.

Q.4
The quote, “Everything has a grain of truth to them”, really can be applied to anything but even more so to dreams. Dreams consist of places we’ve been, people we’ve seen or met, truths. Our dreams can tell us on their own, twisted, slightly warped way at times things we’ve never known about something or things we’ve always known but never paid much attention to in real life. Things that I never pondered on in life become a wakeup call as I realized things I’d never thought about before and for some reason it just made more sense in the dream.  Perhaps it’s because I was actually participating.
To be continued on a later date…

No comments:

Post a Comment